Why Should You Stop Smoking
Before you quit you will be thinking of a lot about why stop smoking. There are many reasons to do so that will effect nearly every area of your life from financial, physical, mental, and social. Really you should be asking yourself why should you smoke?
You need to ask yourself why you want to stop smoking and then make a decision to quit. Chances are you will have mixed feelings about stopping and you may even feel a bit anxious just thinking about it but you need to promise yourself that you will follow through.
If money motivates you then think of how much you will be saving if you stop smoking. The cost of cigarettes is constantly going up to help cover the health care costs associated with smoking so you could easily have an extra $1,000 a year to spend on more important things.
Other reasons why to stop smoking include:
- Your body will begin to heal almost immediately.
- You will have more energy.
- You will be able to focus better.
- You will feel more physically fit.
- You will have whiter teeth and healthier gums.
- You will lower your risk of cancer, stroke, heart attack and many other medical conditions.
- You will no longer be exposing the people you care about to secondhand smoke. Secondhand smoke kills over 50,000 people a year.
When you smoke your body gets more than just nicotine. It gets more than 4,000 chemicals. Many of which are harmful to the human body.
Why stop smoking – because the ashes, tar, gases and other poisons in a cigarette harm your body over time.
Stop Smoking Tip
Find a compelling reason for you to stop smoking. The stronger the reason the more dedicated you will be to the cause.